Twitter Biography for Basketball Players
Use Your Real Name Twitter
Put your real name in your Profile. It is very simple to do by tapping the edit profile button. You would be surprised at how many players have names like Mrs. And 1, Mr. Bucket Getter, Yellow Daisy Lover, and etc… By Changing your name your profile is now searchable by coaches.
Place Your Highlight Tape Link in the Website Section on Twitter
Put a link to your best highlight tape in your bio. You can do this by tapping the Edit Profile function. Notice I said a link to your best highlight tape. Not a link to your Hudl profile, some random recruiting service profile page unless it’s the best recruiting service in the country, Hoop Juice : ) (Still not) or etc… Lead the coach who is searching for you to your best 3 to 5 minute highlight film!!!
How to Tag Your Post on Twitter
How to Add Your Location on Twitter
Always tag your location as this will allow others who are the same high school, gym, or travel event you are at search you. It can also increase the chances of college coaches running across your profile. Trust me, having sat through many 100’s of games during the Spring and Summer July live periods while coaching Division 1 & Division 2 basketball, I was not always watching the games…
How To Tag Coaches and Scouts on Twitter
Tag college coaches, recruiting services, and other college basketball influencers in your post. These people get direct notifications to their phone and they just might view the video you tag them in.
Proper Direct Message (DM) Settings on Twitter
Open Up Your Direct Messages
Opening up your direct messages allows coaches to to message you without having to wait on you to follow them back to do so. Twitter only allows someone to message you if you are following them with its standard settings. Do this below to get your direct messages open
Settings → Privacy & Safety → Direct Messages → (Cut On) Receive Message Requests
Best Way To Post Highlight Tape and Film on Twitter
Stop Posting YouTube or Hudl Links To Twitter
Twitter’s algorithm for displaying content likes video content to be placed directly on their platform. Posting a YouTube link is not the most effective way to get your video viewed and on college coaches timelines… There is a statistic I heard a few weeks ago on a Podcast that said only 2% of Content on Twitter is original. The other 98% is copied and pasted from somewhere else or another source. Be in the 2%…
Post The Actual Highlight Tape Video File From Your PC or Device To Twitter
This always results in getting your video more views. When you are scrolling through Twitter you ever noticed how once you get to a post with a video and stop for .5 seconds the video will start playing automatically. Once clicked on the sound will start as well. By directly posting the video file, you essentially increase the chances of your highlight tape getting viewed, shared, and etc. It is a lot easier to ignore a video that takes you out of the Twitter App, into the YouTube app, and has to load up to be seen. We live in real-time society when it comes to digital content…
How To Properly Crop Highlight Tape or Full Game Film On Twitter
Twitter gives users the ability to post 2 minutes and 20 seconds of video per post currently. Drag the bars into the areas of the video that best highlight your abilities.
If you have any more questions, feel free to email or call me. While the recruiting process can be difficult and confusing, I specialize in the simplifying the process and finding a fit for grassroots women’s basketball players at the college level. If you would like to be part of Hoop Juice Recruiting please reach out to us.